Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sampling Optics

So today was the day that I realized that I should probably take physics sometime in the near future... At JML we went on this tour of the facilities to see how they produced specific lenses for different purposes. To be honest. I did not quite hear everything that our tour guide said but I don't know if that was because of the loud machinery or because I just didn't understand a word he said. Concave, convex... all these words that I had no clue what they mean!! However I can't lie, I did learn a lot especially because I am actually applying optics to our final project. Speak of the devil, Joel gave us our final project which involves building a bunch of test targets, using the fundus cameras to photograph them, measuring their spectral reflectance, and plotting the values. So naturally Helen, Audrey, and I ventured off to Home Depot to pick up some paint samples to use as targets. We mostly picked up samples of blue, red, green, and yellow, but I snook some prettier samples. So hopefully tomorrow we can actually start the project, although it is supposed to last six weeks, and make our department proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment