Thursday, July 22, 2010

U of R

So today (well actually yesterday since I forgot to post...) was my second tour of the U of R. I had been there before to actually tour the campus after I received a $30,000+ scholarship from them and it was good to take a closer look at what I could possibly be doing if i decide to go there. It was a day devoted to biology instead of physics for once!!! That made me happy as I actually knew what a meniscus was and got to look at other people's faces look confused instead of my own! Anyway, I liked how we got to see an ultrasound machine in action and learn about how they are trying to grow artificial tissues for patients. I just wish they had thought of this a year ago when I had to have everything in my knee removed... it would be awesome to have artificial menisci!

No comments:

Post a Comment